Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice
Over 4 million Australians are members of credit unions and mutual building societies. We meet the same regulatory standards as banks and are prudent and strong financial service providers. The difference between credit unions and the banks is our guarantee to serve our members first. Northern Inland is a member of the Customer Owned Banking Association, the national body for Australia’s customer owned banking institutions.
Customer owned banking puts people first and offers the best possible value banking products and service.
As a customer owned institution we are proud to be a member of the Customer Owned Banking Association and lobby for a more competitive banking system to help us continue to challenge the major banks and to develop the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice.
What is the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice?
The Code is an important public statement of the value we place on improving the financial well being of our Members. It reinforces our commitment to:
How does it affect you?
The Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice is how we deliver on our guarantee to serve our members first. Our 10 key promises to you outline how we do this.
Our 10 key promises to you
1. We will be fair and ethical in our dealings with you.
2. We will focus on our Members.
3. We will give you clear information about our products and services.
4. We will be responsible lenders.
5. We will deliver high customer service and standards.
6. We will deal fairly with any complaints.
7. We will recognise Member rights as owners.
8. We will comply with our legal and industry obligations.
9. We will recognise our impact on the wider community.
10. We will support and promote this Code of Practice.